Stallholder Booking Conditions
Let’s make your market day a fab one.
Have yourself a smooth-sailing market day and be freed-up to focus all your sass into having a great time. It can be a real fizzer to turn up and realise you’ve presumed something that isn’t so. Once you are across these Booking Conditions and you have noted the Fine Print (below), head to Stallholder Info to check out dates and book your stalls.
- The focus of this market is adult preloved and vintage wearables.
- All stalls are indoors – marquees, gazebos etc are not required.
- Your stall choice from the floorplan cannot be changed once selected. Check your stall size and location when deciding whether it’ll work for your display.
- Not permitted for displaying: laundry items like plastic, wood, wicker or metal airers, clothes baskets, ironing boards, picnic rugs, blankets or tarps.
- Ensure your display rack is sturdy and supports your items.
- For WHS reasons, no hot drinks are permitted onsite during set up and pack down.
- No personal signage to be assembled or displayed that conflicts with this market; or blocks or in any way affects the visibility of, or for, other stalls and stallholders.
- Late arrivals (within 15 minutes of market opening) are not permitted to set up due to WHS risks, and will forfeit their stall.
- Arrive in good time before 11.45am for noon start, and trade (with no packing up) until 3pm.
- Bring all your own display furnishing – only a chair is supplied. Stall measurements are single 2m wide x 1.5m deep or double 4m wide x 1.5m deep.
- Book only if your stall is covered to trade entire market hours. Trade in cash or use your own POS device.
- You can sell quality adult wearables – vintage, retro, designer, unique and preloved clothing, and accessories like shoes, bags, jewellery, hats, and scarves. A shopper’s favoured stalls are 80:20 clothing:accessories.
- No more than 20% of your collection can be new with tags – meaning items you purchased that are no longer fit for purpose.
- The only new items that can be sold are your own label/quality designed handmade jewellery or accessories.
- If you book a stall for someone else, their name, mobile, email, and their responses to questions asked in TryBooking are required.
- Be mindful of your fellow stallholders and their space.
- Notify management asap of any out of the ordinary happenings so you can keep selling.
- Stallholder substitution is not permitted without prior agreement with us at least 48 hours before the market day.
- Leave your stall as you find it. Remove all your large and small waste items including coffee cups etc.
- At management’s discretion a booking may be rejected if circumstances require it. In that case, a refund will be issued.
- Management has the discretion to charge an administration fee for changes or errors arising from a stallholder’s proceedings.
- Notify us at least 7 days before market day if you cannot come so waitlisters can have your spot. It takes time to prep for a stall, so notification the day before or the morning of market day means your stall sits empty and someone else misses out. The waitlist closes at least 24 hours before a market.
- Refunds and transfers* (to another market date) are not offered.
- Look out for and read your Market Day Stallholder Update. This arrives in your inbox within 7 days of market day.
- Know your stuff before you finalise your booking. See Stallholder Info, Preloved Selling Guide, and FAQs even if you don’t think you have a question!*Unfortunately there has now been a few too many no-shows after accepting the offer of a transfer under mitigating circumstances. We now can’t take the risk of offering a transfer under any circumstances as we have waitlisters who are missing out.
What We Will Sort
Marketing of this event across various platforms.
Provide you with the opportunity to select your own stall prior to market day so there’s no need to grapple for a spot on the day.
Indoor spaces at quality venues.
Answer your questions as soon as we can.
T&Cs, policies and procedures so everyone can have a fun and safe event.
Provide loads of information so you can make an inform booking.
Supply tips and hints for having a great market day; selling guides, blogs, easy stall set up etc.
Email you a Market Day Stallholder Update on event/venue-specific information within 7 days of market day (so, keep a look out).
Supply a chair per stall.
Public liability coverage.
Change space/s with mirrors.
Value-adds like access to coffee and food, and other like-services whenever possible.
A fun and sassy atmosphere!
The Fine Print
- Agreement. By paying the stall hire fee, you agree to this market’s Booking Conditions and the Fine Print.
- First and foremost. You agree to set up for the market as follows: between 11.15 and 11.45am to be ready to trade at noon; and you agree to respect latecomer shoppers by not packing down (in any way) before the publicly advertised market close time.
- Choose carefully. Note the market focus, location, venue, format, day, date and time before you book. Refunds and transfers (to another market date) are not offered for a change of mind, or if unable to travel from interstate due to COVID19 restrictions. This is a local market and if we are, locally, required to change plans due to COVID19 we will make the necessary arrangements to assist local stallholders. If any of this is not for you, please reconsider before booking.
- Your stall is yours, so no stallholder substitution without prior consent by contacting management at least 48 hours before market day.
- Know this market’s focus. The focus of this market is adult preloved and vintage wearables. Refunds (nor transfers to another market date) are not issued for an erroneous booking.
- Your stall choice is your own based on availability on the venue floorplan so book early to get the spot you want! You cannot change this once paid*.
- *Note on stall choice. Management retains the right to rearrange, if necessary, stall placements for smooth running on the day.
- Newsletter. When you book you are automatically subscribed to our newsletters. You can opt out anytime.
- Stall fee covers the hire of your stall/s at the market and the opportunity to display your collection on this occasion.
- Your takings, float, change, and devices for taking payments are your responsibility.
- Double bookings, where offered, cannot be split across two separate market dates or be split across two different areas of one venue – it is one booking.
- Payment online secures your booking. It is not a booking until paid for.
- Rejected bookings may occur at management’s discretion. In this case a refund, less an administration fee, may be issued.
- Only 1 stallholder. If your name is on the booking, you are the primary stallholder for insurance purposes.
- COVID19. A maximum of 1 stallholder is permitted per stall (unless otherwise stated) due to the number of people allowed in the hall at any one time.
- Market conditions apply to you and any person listed to sell on your stall.
- Visitors. Any visitors to your stall are required to pay any applicable entry fees. This does not include those helping you to bump in and out, but due to COVID19 guidelines, they must leave during market trading hours.
- Bump in and out helpers. Market conditions apply to all people associated with your stall.
- Trade for the full market hours is expected on market day. Late starts or early finishes are not accepted or fair to fellow stallholders or shoppers (this also risks your future booking cred.).
- Refunds, or transfers to other market dates, are not offered under any circumstances, so triple-check the day, date, time, the venue, stall size and the market’s focus (what can and can’t be sold), before you book. Once booked, lock the date in your diary and aim to get along to enjoy your stall!
- Waitlist. If you are on the waitlist we’ll be in touch if a spot opens up. The waitlist closes about 24 hours before market day. Waitlist process:
– An offer is sent to everyone on the waitlist.
– This offer is open for a limited time only depending on how close market day is.
– If you’re lucky enough to be the first to send us an expression of interest (EOI) in the spot, we’ll email you with a time by which full payment for the stall is required. If your payment is not received within that window, we will automatically move to the next EOI.
– It is the waitlisted’s responsibility to be across the details/conditions of the market they are waitlisted for, or to refamiliarise themselves with that information before accepting an offer.
– It is first in best dressed (excuse the pun!), with the stall paid in full that secures the spot.
You enter and take part in this market at your own risk. We (The Preloved Clothing Market) accept no responsibility for any of your items (including but not limited to personal electronic devices, clothing, accessories and props) brought to the market.
We give no warranty as to the condition, suitability or provenance of any items purchased or sold at this market or in any way transacted in association with this market.
We accept no liability for any claim or loss resulting from any transaction taking place at, or in association with, this market, nor any loss or damage of any type suffered by any person who enters the market.
We take no responsibility for a stallholder’s turnover on market day.
We take no responsibility for a stallholder’s choice of stall placement on market day (unless management has used its discretion to rearrange a stall placement).
Individual stallholders and persons associated with them agree to indemnify The Preloved Clothing Market against any claims, loss, damages or injury to the property or person of any person in response to any claim arising from any negligence on the part of a stallholder or persons associated with them.
For your protection, please take all reasonable measures to check the condition, suitability and provenance of pieces sold or purchased at, or in association with, this market.
It is at management’s discretion to reject a booking. If this is the case a refund, less an administration fee, may be issued.
Refunds and transfers to other market dates are not offered.
The stallholder is responsible for careful consideration of the market focus, location, venue, format, day, date and time before booking.