Stall Hire Info and Event Details
Welcome. You’ve found the best value (size for price) preloved clothing stalls in town! Book early to snap up your favourite spot as they do fill quite fast.
NOTE: We are resuming our markets under public safety conditions as guided by current circumstances.
Select your stall: When you head to the TryBooking site you get to select your stall off the floorplan. Be careful how you choose as once booked it cannot be changed.
Before you book please read the guidelines under which a booking is made – in line with COVID19 safety guidelines. We will ensure your safety and that of your customers comes first.
UTASLife Pop-Up Markets: These markets have unique stallholder information as they’re on the Uni campuses. This will be available once the year’s dates are open to the public for booking.
Event Details 2020
St James Market
This market offers good-sized spaces for displaying more of your kit. All indoors with room to BYO racks, tables and other fun props.
Venue: St James Hall, 460 Elizabeth Street
Dates: Saturdays 29 Aug; 28 Nov
Stall cost: Single indoor stall: $39. Double indoor stall: $69
Stall sizes: 2m wide x 1.5m deep or 4m wide x 1.5m deep
Set up: Bump in 11.15-11.55am. Bump out 3-4pm. Trade 12-3.
Coffee & Goodies: Straight across the road at Daci & Daci; and next door at Hill Street Grocer.
Parking: Plenty of parking in surrounding streets.
ATMs: Elizabeth Street, North Hobart
Mathers Sunday-Best Rack-Only Market
An indoor market with a difference. A little market with a big punch. Keeping it simple. Just think one rack of your best. Light and easy.
Venue: Mathers Hall, 108 Bathurst Street, City
Dates: Sundays 13 September; 13 December
Time: 9am – 1pm (alongside Farm Gate Market trading)
Stall cost: Single indoor stall: $39
Stall size: 1.5m wide x 1m deep
Note: Light and easy. Wheel in one rack only of your very best. Each stall allows for approx. 1x up to 130cm standard rack (or if you need to, 2x80cm standard racks) ONLY. There is no room for tables of any size, or other sizeable props. Check out FAQ 41 for details.
Set up: Bump in 8-8.55. Bump out 1-2pm. Trade 9-1.
Coffee and goodies: Have at it from amongst the +60 Farm Gate market stalls.
Parking: Hobart Central carpark is open in line with market hours and it’s a max of $4 for a full day’s parking. Entry is on Melville St. If you choose to wheel your kit to Mathers House from this carpark you must not walk through the Farm Gate market set up area on Bathurst St – you’ll need to head around to Criterion St or access Mathers Lane from Liverpool St. There is also plenty of other city council carparks and free parking in surrounding streets (park at your own risk).
ATMs: Centrepoint City and Liverpool St.
UTASLife Pop-Up Markets
Stall cost: $15 (heavily subsidised by UTASLife)
Stall sizes: 2m wide x 1.5m deep (all indoors)
Set up: TBA
Your Booking Info: Will be available when the event is live
The fine print:
- Agreement. By paying the stall hire fee, you agree to this market’s terms and conditions.
- First and foremost. You agree to set up for the markets as follows:
Mathers Hall, Bathurst St between 8 and 8.55am to be ready to trade at 9am;
St James, New Town between 11.15 and 11.55am to be ready to trade at noon; and
You agree to respect latecomer shoppers by not packing down (in any way) before the publically advertised market close time.
- Choose carefully. Note the location of the venue before you book. Refunds can’t be issued for a change of mind. If this location is not for you, please book another venue.
- Your stall choice is your own based on availability on the venue floorplan (book early to get the spot you want!). You can’t change this once paid.
- Note on stall choice. Management retains the right to rearrange, if necessary, stall placements for smooth running on the day.
- Newsletter. When you book you’ll automatically get our newsletters. You can opt out anytime.
- Stall fee covers the hire of your stall/s at this market and the opportunity to display your collection on this occasion.
- Your takings, float, change, and devices for taking payments is your responsibility.
- Double bookings, where offered, can’t be split across two separate market dates or be split across two different areas of one venue – it’s one booking.
- Payment secures your booking. It isn’t a booking until paid for.
- Rejected bookings may occur at management’s discretion on rare occasions if circumstances warrant it. In this case, a refund is issued.
- Only 1 stallholder. If your name is on the booking you’re the primary stallholder for insurance purposes.
- COVID19 – a maximum of 1 stallholder is permitted per stall due to the number of people allowed in the hall at any one time.
- Market T&Cs apply to you. Any other visitors to your stall will be required to pay any entry fees etc. This does not include those helping you to bump in and out. Due to COVID19 guidelines, they must leave during market trading hours.
- Bump in and out helpers. Market T&Cs apply to all people associated with your stall.
- Trade for the full market hours is expected on market day. Late starts or early finishes are not accepted as fair to fellow stallholders or shoppers.
- Refunds are not offered under any circumstances, so triple-check the date before you book, lock the date in your diary and aim to get along to enjoy your stall!
- Transfers are not guaranteed. Under some circumstances, a booking transfer may be offered at management’s discretion but never for late arrivals, last minute change of mind, or no-shows. We most always have waitlists so:
- Where a transfer is offered, your new market date needs settling within 3 months of offer or it’ll expire without notice.
- Your reconfirmation will be sought no later than 14 days prior to market day.
- Absence of reconfirmation means the spot is reallocated without notice and your offer is forfeit.
- Waitlist. If you’re on the waitlist we’ll be in touch if a spot opens up.
- An offer will be made to all waitlisters.
- The offer is open for 12-24 hours depending on how close market day is.
- It’s first in best dressed (excuse the pun!).
- First acceptance receives the spot.
- IMPORTANT re WASTE: Due to some stallholders sadly taking advantage of leaving waste such as large items we have had no choice but to amend our policy. For any such waste left at your stall after you’ve gone we will call a cab, place your items in the cab and send the cab driver to your address. The cab fare will need to be paid for by you at your end.