Get yourself amongst it in 3 easy steps.
- Gather your info: Booking Conditions, Stallholder Info and FAQs
- Book your stall: The market list in TryBooking gives you market dates, venues and ‘select your stall’ options.
- Prep your kit: The Selling Guide and Blogs & Stuff offer more info in the lead up to your market day.
Stall Hire Fees
$39 single (St James Hall and Mathers Hall)
$45 single (Showgrounds)
$69 double (only at St James Hall)
We’ve listened to your feedback and loving the smattering of Sunday markets.
The stall hire fee covers the hire of your stall/s at this market, and the opportunity to display your collection for the hours of trade.
NB. UTASLife Pop-Up Markets have their own conditions. Stallholder Info is published when there’s an upcoming market. Watch Facebook, Instagram and here for upcoming UTASLife Preloved Clothing Market events.
The approx. size of stalls may vary by venue.
Select your stall service. You get to select your own stall from the venue floorplan when you head through to TryBooking. Carefully consider which stall you choose as it can’t be changed once selected.
We are not able to supply racks or tables. It is BYO.
Royal Showgrounds Glenorchy Sunday Market
Join us on 23 February for the first mash-up mania market – combining My Kids + Preloved Clothing Market!
Venue: Royal Hobart Showgrounds, 2 Howards Road, Glenorchy. Follow the signs to the BIG pavilion hall.
Date: Sunday 23 February
Stall sizes: 3m wide x 2m deep (all indoors)
Set up: Bump in 7.30-8.45. Bump out 12-1. Trade 9-12.
Coffee & goodies: Coffee and yummy treats vans on site.
Parking: Oodles of free parking next to the venue.
ATMs: Nearest are New Town, Glenorchy Shopping Centre and Gleonorchy Sunday Market (other side of showgrounds)
St James Market
Venue: St James Hall, 460 Elizabeth Street
Dates: Saturdays 30 May; 29 Aug; 28 Nov
Stall sizes: 2m wide x 1.5m deep (all indoors)
Set up: Bump in 11.15-11.45am. Bump out 3-4pm. Trade 12-3.
Coffee & Goodies: Straight across the road at Daci & Daci; Mr Burger and Hill Street Grocer.
Parking: Plenty of parking in surrounding streets.
ATMs: Elizabeth Street, North Hobart
Mathers Sunday-Best Rack-Only Market
A market with a difference. A little market with a big punch. Keeping it simple. Just think one rack of your best. Light and easy.
Venue: Mathers Hall, 108 Bathurst Street, City
Dates: Sundays 26 January; 28 June; 13 December
Time: 9am – 1pm (alongside Farm Gate Market trading)
Stall sizes: 1.5m wide x 1m deep (all indoors)
Note: Light and easy. Wheel in one rack only of your very best. Each stall allows for approx. 1x up to 130cm standard rack (or if you need to, 2x80cm standard racks) ONLY. There is no room for tables of any size, or other sizeable props. Check out FAQ 41 for details.
Set up: Bump in 8-8.45. Bump out 1-2pm. Trade 9-1.
Coffee and goodies: Have at it from amongst the +60 Farm Gate market stalls.
Parking: Hobart Central carpark is open in line with market hours and it’s a max of $4 for a full day’s parking. Entry is on Melville St. If you choose to wheel your kit to Mathers House from this carpark you must not walk through the Farm Gate market set up area on Bathurst St – you’ll need to head around to Criterion St or access Mathers Lane from Liverpool St. There is also plenty of other city council carparks and free parking in surrounding streets (park at your own risk).
ATMs: Centrepoint City and Liverpool St.
UTASLife Pop-Up Markets
Venue: TBC in 2020
Dates: TBC in 2020
Trade hours: TBC in 2020
Stall sizes: 2m wide x 1.5m deep (all indoors)
Set up: TBC in 2020
Your Booking Info: Will be available when the event is live
In 2020, The Preloved Clothing Market will run quartely to take advantage of each season. No matter which market you choose, you’ll enjoy 3 hours of sustainable fashion fun!
In 2020 here’s when and where you’ll find us:
23 Feb – Royal Hobart Showgrounds, 2 Howard Street, Glenorchy
30 May – St James Hall, New Town (460 Eliz St)
29 Aug – St James Hall, New Town (460 Eliz St)
28 Nov – St James Hall, New Town (460 Eliz St)
When booking use the ‘select your stall’ option and secure your favourite spot before it’s snapped up!
The fine print:
- Agreement. By paying the stall hire fee, you agree to this market’s terms and conditions.
- First and foremost. You agree to set up for the markets as follows: Mathers Hall, Bathurst St between 8 and 8.45am to be ready to trade at 9am; for St James, New Town between 11.15 and 11.45am to be ready to trade at noon; Showgrounds, Gleonorchy between 7.30 and 8.45am ready to trade at 9am. You agree to respect latecomer shoppers by not packing down (in any way) before the publically advertised market close time.
- Choose carefully. Note the location of the venue before you book. Refunds can’t be issued for a change of mind. If this location is not for you, please book another venue.
- Your stall choice is your own based on availability on the venue floorplan (book early to get the spot you want!). You can’t change this once paid.
- Note on stall choice. Management retains the right to rearrange, if necessary, stall placements for smooth running on the day.
- Newsletter. When you book you’ll automatically get our newsletters. You can opt out anytime.
- Stall fee covers the hire of your stall/s at this market and the opportunity to display your collection on this occasion.
- Your takings, float, change, and devices for taking payments is your responsibility.
- Double bookings, where offered, can’t be split across two separate market dates or be split across two different areas of one venue – it’s one booking.
- Payment secures your booking. It isn’t a booking until paid for.
- Rejected bookings may occur at management’s discretion on rare occasions if circumstances warrant it. In this case, a refund is issued.
- Primary stallholder. If your name is on the booking you’re the primary stallholder for insurance purposes.
- +1 stallholder. You are welcome to nominate up to 1 person to share your stall and sell their own kit, or to come and sit at your stall during market trading times. We will require their name, email and mobile prior to market day.
- Market T&Cs apply to you and your +1. Any other visitors to your stall will be required to pay any entry fees etc. This does not include those helping you to bump in and out if they leave during market trading hours.
- Bump in and out helpers. Market T&Cs apply to all people associated with your stall.
- Trade for the full market hours is expected on market day. Late starts or early finishes are not accepted as fair to fellow stallholders or shoppers.
- Refunds are not guaranteed, so triple-check the date before you book, lock the date in your diary and aim to get along to enjoy your stall! Refunds aren’t available for no-shows or late arrivals. Refunds may, at management’s discretion, be issued if we are notified no less than 14 days prior to market day.
- Transfers are not guaranteed. Under some circumstances, a booking transfer may be offered at management’s discretion. We always have waitlists so:
- Where a transfer is offered, your new market date needs settling within 3 months of offer or it’ll expire without notice.
- Your reconfirmation will be sought no later than 14 days prior to market day.
- Absence of reconfirmation means the spot is reallocated without notice and your offer is forfeit.
- Waitlist. If you’re on the waitlist we’ll be in touch if a spot opens up.
- An offer will be made to all waitlisters.
- The offer is open for 12-24 hours depending on how close market day is.
- It’s first in best dressed (excuse the pun!).
- First acceptance receives the spot.
- IMPORTANT re WASTE: Due to some stallholders sadly taking advantage of leaving waste such as large items we have had no choice but to amend our policy. For any such waste left at your stall after you’ve gone we will call a cab, place your items in the cab and send the cab driver to your address. The cab fare will need to be paid for by you at your end.