What you’ll want to know
It’d be daft not to read this!
How to book you stall…It’s as simple as 1, 2 and 3
- Pick a market date from the market list and go through to TryBooking.
- Select your stall size and complete any info required.
- You’ll get two emails – a booking confirmation once paid; and, just before market day, a second email updating you of important venue-specific info.
Let’s make your market day a fab one.
Still got questions? Get in touch
Welcome to The Preloved Clothing Market community. Congrats on taking your first step towards turning your preloved clothing into someone else’s new joyful piece whilst making some dollars for yourself along the way!
This information will help you with having your stall. Please take the time to read it. By purchasing a stall at this market you are agreeing to our T&Cs, and to receiving our newsletter.
The Preloved Clothing Market is Hobart’s largest, most widely offered marketplace running on the last Saturday of the month dedicated exclusively to preowned clothing. It’s 4 hours of sustainable-ness fun, providing a community where sellers of fab quality second-hand fashion can meet savvy shoppers.
Market Operating Hours
We’re open to the public from 10am to 2pm.
Market Bump In
Access to all the venues is strictly from 9am. All your props and collection are to be in the hall at the latest by 9.45am. Shoppers have access from 10am.
Venue-specific bump in instructions will be emailed to you closer to market day – it is the stallholder’s responsibility to provide a correct and current email address. There is no need to come early to get the ‘best spot’ as we preallocate places on the venue floor plan ahead of market day.
If you can’t stay on please arrange to have someone else at your stall until market close. This keeps it fair for you, your shoppers and fellow stallholders. In particular, it gives your stall max. exposure, and your shoppers the best preloved market buying experience.
Once booked please attend as someone else will have missed out!
Market Bump Out
Bump out is to be completed by 3pm.
If you’ve got a wardrobe bursting at the hinges, or a pile of gorgeous shoes, handbags, hats, belts, scarves etc. (…the list probably goes on!) that are no longer worn then a preloved stall is just the place for you! Attack your wardrobe, now.
5 Mertonvale Circuit
Near Kingston Pool, Bunnings @163 Channel Highway & opposite The Importer
3 Sandy Bay Road
Salamanca Arts Centre
Level 2/77 Salamanca Place
Lindisfarne North Primary School
271 East Derwent Highway
In 2019 markets run on the last Saturday of most months from 10-2pm.
Book Your 2019 Stalls
23 February – Masonic City – Booked Out
30 March – Kingston – Limited spots
25 May – Masonic City – Bookings Open
29 June – Kingston – Bookings Open
27 July – Lindisfarne North – Bookings Open
31 August – Salamanca City – Bookings Open
28 September – Kingston
26 October – Lindisfarne North
30 November – Masonic City
7 December – Kingston
Stall Hire Fees 2019
- The stall hire fee covers the hire of your stall/s at this market, and the opportunity to display your collection for the 4 hours of trade.
- You can book a single or a double stall.
- Stall fees for all venues are the same. The approximate size of stall space may vary depending on the venue.
- In 2019 we are not able to supply racks or tables. It is BYO.
Approximate stall sizes
2m wide x 1.8m deep (indoors)
Masonic City 2019
2m wide x 2m deep (indoors)
Salamanca Arts Centre 2019
1.8m wide x 2m deep (indoors)
Lindisfarne North Primary School 2019
3m wide x 2m deep (indoors)
Be creative in your space
- Stall props can create your space – like tables (ensure, before market day, that your table fits your stall along with anything else you plan to display), racks (standard and sturdy), tubs, hat stands, suitcases, mannequins etc…
- Please be aware that circular racks may take up all your stall’s space and leave little room for anything else.
- Please no laundry items like plastic, wood, wicker or metal wash baskets, clothes drying racks or ironing boards.
- We love you to be creative and personalise your allocated space!
- Bring a relaxed you – here’s how to have a stress-free market day.
A change space is available. It is at your discretion if you’d like a deposit and/or to hold a Driver’s Licence etc. before shoppers try.
Kingston: Plenty of free car parking all around the venue.
Masonic City: For bump in and bump out parking is at stallholder’s risk in and around the Sandy Bay Road (ie. the only) entrance. You are best placed to move your car into surrounding streets after bump in and whilst the market is operational.
Lindisfarne North Primary School: Plenty of free car parking around the school grounds.
Salamanca Arts Centre: Parking is available in the Salamanca Square Car Park and surrounding facilities. Most if not all is metered and is at a premium on a Saturday. The tip is that the earlybird gets the worm and if you’re parked and ready for bump in for 9am it isn’t crazy at that time.
The fine print:
- By paying the stall hire fee, you agree to this market’s terms and conditions.
- You also agree to receive our newsletter – you can unsubcribe anytime.
- The stall hire fee covers the hire of your stall/s at this market and the opportunity to display your collection on this occasion.
- You are responsible for your change, float, takings and devices for taking payments.
- A double booking can’t be split across two separate market dates or be split across two different areas of a venue – it is considered to be one booking.
- Your booking is only secured and finalised once payment is received.
- It is at management’s discretion to reject a booking if circumstances warrant it. If this is the case, a refund will be issued.
- Primary stallholder: If your name is on the booking you are the primary stallholder for insurance purposes.
- Co-stallholder is defined as someone who is sharing your stall and selling their own kit too. Their name, mobile and email are to be supplied to management when you book. Market T&Cs, policies and procedures apply to co-stallholders.
- Accompanying or back-up helpers (who are not selling their own kit) must be made known to market management at least 24hrs before market day. And, market T&Cs, policies and procedures apply to all people associated with your stall.
- It is expected that you have your stall covered to trade from 10-2pm.
- Refunds: Refunds are not guaranteed, so triple-check the date before you book, lock the date in your diary and aim to get along to enjoy your stall! Refunds are not available for no-shows or late arrivals after 9.45am. Refunds may, at management’s discretion, be issued if we are notified no less than 14 days prior to market day.
- Transfers: Under some circumstances, a booking transfer may be offered at management’s discretion. However, we always have waitlists for our markets so it’s been necessary to put in place the following process:
- Where a transfer is offered, your new market date shall be settled within 3 months of the offer or it’ll expire without notice.
- As we approach your revised market date, your reconfirmation will be sought no later than 14 days prior to market day.
- Absence of your reconfirmation means the spot will be reallocated without notice and your transfer offer is forfeit.
- Waitlist: If you are waitlisted we will be in touch if a spot becomes available.
- An offer will be made to all on the waitlist.
- The offer will be open for 12-24 hours depending on how close it is to market day.
- It will be first in best dressed (excuse the pun!).
- The first acceptance will receive the spot.