Get yourself amongst it in 3 easy steps.
- Gather your info: Booking Conditions, Stallholder Info and FAQs
- Book your stall: The market list in TryBooking gives you market dates, venues and ‘select your stall’ options.
- Prep your kit: The Selling Guide and Blogs & Stuff offer more info in the lead up to your market day.
Stall Hire Fees
$69 double (where available)
NEW! We’ve listened to your feedback and introduced Sunday markets to either operate alongside the Bathurst St Farm Gate Market or next to Hill Street Grocer in New Town.
The stall hire fee covers the hire of your stall/s at this market, and the opportunity to display your collection for the hours of trade.
NB. UTASLife Pop-Up Markets have their own conditions. Stallholder Info is published when there’s an upcoming market. See below for 17 November market.
The approx. size of stalls may vary by venue.
Select your stall service. You get to select your own stall from the venue floorplan when you head through to TryBooking. Carefully consider which stall you choose as it can’t be changed once selected.
We are not able to supply racks or tables. It is BYO.
Kingston Saturday Market
Venue: Enjoy Church, 5 Mertonvale Circuit, Channel Highway (near Bunnings and The Importer)
Dates 2019: 30 March; 29 June; 28 Sept
Stall sizes: 2m wide x 1.8m deep (all indoors)
Set up: Bump in 9-9.45. Bump out 2-3. Trade 10-2.
Coffee & goodies: Cafe on site with comfy leather lounges and plenty of table seating within eye view of the stalls.
Parking: Oddles of free parking next to the venue.
ATMs: Nearest are United Servo on Channel Highway, Kingston Village and Kingston Town
NEW! New Town Sunday Market
Venue: St James Hall, 460 Elizabeth Street
Date: Sunday 10 November
Stall sizes: 2m wide x 1.5m deep (all indoors)
Set up: Bump in 12.15-1. Bump out 4-5pm. Trade 1-4.
Coffee & Goodies: Straight across the road at Daci & Daci
Parking: Plenty of parking in surrounding streets.
ATMs: Elizabeth Street, North Hobart
NEW! Mathers Sunday Market
Venue: Upper Mathers House, 108 Bathurst Street.
Dates: Sunday 8 December
Time: 9am – 1pm (alongside Farm Gate Market trading)
Stall sizes: 1.5m wide x 1m deep (all indoors)
Note: This is a rack-only market. Each stall allows for approx. 2x80cm standard racks or 1x up to 130cm standard rack ONLY. There is no room for tables of any size, or other sizeable props.
Set up: Bump in 8-8.45. Bump out 1-2pm. Trade 9-1.
Coffee and goodies: Have at it from amongst the +60 Farm Gate market stalls.
Parking: Hobart Central carpark is open in line with market hours and it’s a max of $4 for a full day’s parking. Entry is on Melville St. If you choose to wheel your kit to Mathers House from this carpark you must not walk through the Farm Gate market set up area on Bathurst St – you’ll need to head around to Criterion St or access Mathers Lane from Liverpool St. There is also plenty of other city council carparks and free parking in surrounding streets (park at your own risk).
ATMs: Centrepoint City and Liverpool St.
UTASLife Pop-Up Markets
Venue: Melville Street UTAS Apartments
Dates: Sunday 17 November
Trade hours: 11-1pm (Farm Gate Market will be in full swing just down the road).
Stall sizes: 2m wide x 1.5m deep (all indoors)
Set up: 10am for trade by 11am. Pack down from 1pm and to be completed by 2pm.
Your Booking Info: Click here for Stallholder Info
The Preloved Clothing Market runs on the last Saturday of most months. We are also excited to introduce our inaugural Sunday markets which will run on the second Sunday of some months.
Saturday markets are 10-2pm giving you 4 fab hours to find what you’re looking for!
Sunday markets are 9-1pm (Mathers City) or 1-4pm (New Town).
In 2019 here’s when and where you’ll find us:
23 Feb – City Masonic Hall (3 Sandy Bay Road)
30 March – Enjoy Church Kingston (5 Mertonvale Circuit, Channel Highway)
25 May – City Masonic Hall
29 June – Enjoy Church Kingston
31 Aug – City Masonic Hall
10 Nov – St James Hall, New Town (460 Eliz St)
30 Nov – Enjoy Church Kingston
8 Dec – Mathers House Hall (108 Bathurst St)
When booking use the new ‘select your stall’ option and secure your favourite spot before it’s snapped up!
The fine print:
- Agreement. By paying the stall hire fee, you agree to this market’s terms and conditions.
- First and foremost. You agree to set up for Saturday markets between 9 and 9.45am to be ready to trade at 10am. You agree to set up for Sunday markets at Bathurst St between 8 and 8.45am to be ready to trade at 9am, or markets at New Town between 12.15 and 12.45pm to be ready to trade at 1pm. You agree to respect latecomer shoppers by not packing up (in any way) before 2pm (Saturdays), 1pm or 4pm (Sundays), respectively.
- Choose Carefully. Note the location of the venue before you book. Refunds can’t be issued for a change of mind. If this location is not for you, please book another venue.
- Your Stall Choice is your own based on availability on the venue floorplan (book early to get the spot you want!). You can’t change this once paid.
- Note on stall choice. Management retains the right to rearrange stall placements on the day if necessary.
- Newsletter. When you book you’ll automatically get our newsletters. You can opt out anytime.
- Stall fee covers the hire of your stall/s at this market and the opportunity to display your collection on this occasion.
- Your takings, float, change, and devices for taking payments is your responsibility.
- Double bookings, where offered, can’t be split across two separate market dates or be split across two different areas of a venue – it’s one booking.
- Payment secures your booking. It isn’t a booking until paid for.
- Rejected bookings may occur at management’s discretion on rare occasions if circumstances warrant it. In this case, a refund is issued.
- Primary stallholder. If your name is on the booking you’re the primary stallholder for insurance purposes.
- +1 stallholder. You are welcome to nominate up to 1 person to share your stall and sell their own kit, or to come and sit at your stall during market trading times. We will require their name, email and mobile prior to market day. Market T&Cs, policies and procedures apply to your +1. Any other visitors to your stall will be required to pay any entry fees etc. This does not include those helping you to bump in and out if they are then leaving during market trading hours.
- Bump in and out helpers. Market T&Cs, policies and procedures apply to all people associated with your stall.
- Trade for the full market hours is expected on market day. Late starts or early finishes are not fair to fellow stallholders or shoppers.
- Refunds are not guaranteed, so triple-check the date before you book, lock the date in your diary and aim to get along to enjoy your stall! Refunds aren’t available for no-shows or late arrivals. Refunds may, at management’s discretion, be issued if we are notified no less than 14 days prior to market day.
- Transfers are not guaranteed. Under some circumstances, a booking transfer may be offered at management’s discretion. We always have waitlists so:
- Where a transfer is offered, your new market date needs settling within 3 months of offer or it’ll expire without notice.
- Your reconfirmation will be sought no later than 14 days prior to market day.
- Absence of reconfirmation means the spot is reallocated without notice and your offer is forfeit.
- Waitlist. If you’re on the waitlist we’ll be in touch if a spot opens up.
- An offer will be made to all waitlisters.
- The offer is open for 12-24 hours depending on how close market day is.
- It’s first in best dressed (excuse the pun!).
- First acceptance receives the spot.
- IMPORTANT re WASTE: Due to some stallholders sadly taking advantage of leaving waste such as large items we have had no choice but to amend our policy. For any such waste left at your stall we will call a cab, place your items in the cab and send the cab driver to your address. The cab fare will need to be paid for by you at your end.