Kingston Beach Markets
General Terms and Conditions
Welcome to The Preloved Clothing Market community – and congratulations on taking your first step towards turning your preloved clothing into someone else’s exciting new fashion piece whilst making some dollars for yourself along the way! Here you can have your preloved retail-therapy cake and eat it too!
The information below will help you with having your stall. Please take a moment to read it through. By purchasing a stall at this market you are agreeing to these terms and conditions, and to receiving our informational newsletter (you can opt out anytime).
The Preloved Clothing Market is managed by Amal Cutler. If you have any questions please call her on 0428 161 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Preloved Clothing Market is Hobart’s only Saturday marketplace dedicated exclusively to preowned clothing. It’s four hours of sustainable-ness fun, providing a community where sellers of fab quality second-hand fashion items and accessories can meet keen shoppers.
Market Bump In
All your props and collection is to be in the hall at the latest by 9.45am. Shoppers have access from 10am.
Important: You are committing to keep your stall operational until 2pm. If you can’t stay on please arrange to have someone else at your stall until market close.
This keeps it fair for you, your shoppers and fellow stallholders. In particular, it gives your stall max. exposure, and your shoppers the best preloved market buying experience.
Once booked please attend as it’s likely someone else has missed out!
Market Bump Out
Bump out is to be completed by 3pm.
Kingston Beach Hall
20 Beach Road
2018 market dates:
24 Feb | 21 April | 16 June | 18 Aug | 20 Oct | 01 Dec*
* Christmas Twilight Market is 3-7pm
If you’ve got a wardrobe bursting at the hinges, or a pile of gorgeous shoes, handbags, hats, belts, scarves etc. (…the list probably goes on!) that are no longer worn then a preloved stall is just the place for you! Attack your wardrobe, now.
Stall Hire Fee
What does the stall hire fee cover? It covers the hire of your stall/s at this market, and the opportunity to display your collection over the 4 hours of operation. At ~$5 an hour it makes the most of your hard prep work.
$20 per stall (approx.) 1.5m x 1.8m
Included in this stall fee:
- Indoor stall space (no outdoors stalls)
- Public liability insurance
- One chair per stall
- Change room (with mirrors)
- A fun atmosphere!
What you might like to bring along:
- Stall props to create your space, trestle tables, racks, tubs, hat stands, suitcases, mannequins etc…
- Please no clothes drying racks.
- We love you to be creative and personalise your allocated space!
- Bring a relaxed you – here’s how to have a stress-free market day.
Plenty of parking is available. However please note that the carpark next to the hall belongs to the bric-a-brac shop. They request that post bumped in you please move your car down the street or into the free council carpark towards the beachfront. Please keep the front of the hall doors free of cars.
Free tea and biscuits are available (in the kitchen) for stallholders. And, of course, fab coffee and food vans are available for you and your shoppers to enjoy. Also, let your friends know about the great eateries and cafe’s along the beachfront a stone’s throw from the hall.
A change room is available. It is at your discretion if you’d like a deposit and/or to hold a Driver’s Licence etc. before shoppers try.
- By paying the stall hire fee, you agree to the terms and conditions laid out in The Preloved Clothing Market General Terms and Conditions document.
- The stall hire fee covers the hire of your stall/s at this market and the opportunity to display your collection on this occasion.
- Your stall booking is only secured and finalised once payment is received.
- The assigned stallholder is the name you give at booking (for insurance purposes).
- It is expected that you or your named backup stallholder attends your stall.
- Please forward backup stallholder details (name/email) at least 24 hours prior to market day.
- No transfer is offered for no-shows, or cancellations less than 72 hours (3 days) prior to the market start time.
- If you are waitlisted we will be in touch if a space becomes available.
Final steps to becoming a stallholder
Payment confirms your booking.
From the available stalls, select the quantity you want and pay through TryBooking. Book Your Stall links are found on this website.
Once payment is received you’ll get an email confirming your booking. You’ll also hear from us as we get closer to market day.
You enter and take part in this market at your own risk. We (being The Preloved Clothing Market) accept no responsibility for any of your items (including but not limited to personal electronic devices, clothing, accessories and props) brought to the market.
We give no warranty as to the condition, suitability or provenance of any items purchased or sold at this market or in any way transacted in association with this market.
We accept no liability for any claim or loss resulting from any transaction taking place at, or in association with, this market, nor any loss or damage of any type suffered by any person who enters the market.
We take no responsibility for a stallholder’s turnover on market day.
Individual stallholders and persons associated with them agree to indemnify The Preloved Clothing Market against any claims, loss, damages or injury to the property or person of any person in response to any claim arising from any negligence on the part of a stallholder or persons associated with them.
For your protection, please take all reasonable measures to check the condition, suitability and provenance of pieces sold or purchased at, or in association with, this market.